Electronic Bill Payment
Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment (EBPP) offer the capability to present bills to Clients and to facilitate their payment electronically.
EBPP eliminates the cost associated with printing paper bills, reduces delivery delays and provides a channel for 2-way communication on a one-to-one basis.
From the Clients’ perspective, EBPP can provide a simple way to manage and automate the payment of bills.
The Components of EBPP
The EBPP process involves four basic components:
- The biller, i.e. the organization presenting bills to their customers
- The banks offering electronic access to the customers’ account(s)
- Vendors offering software and hardware to enable EBPP
- Service providers who offer the transaction processing service
The main types of EBPP service provided:
1. The Biller Direct Model in which billers provide their bills on their respective personalized web sites.
2. The Consolidator Model in which Service Providers allow clients to access and process bills from multiple billers.
3. The Service Bureau Model: This model type is a new development in the world of EBPP and facilitates connection to large-scale consolidators for SME companies. In essence the Service Bureau manages its customers’ needs and offers an ASP model of EBPP.
Xperteam has embraced and invested in the Service Bureau model.